How To Send And Receive Money With Chipper Cash App

What is Chipper Cash?

Chipper Cash is a fast-growing Fintech company that offers several products and services such as:​

• Instant no-fee local and cross-border money transfer
  • Discounted airtime purchase
  • Data bundle purchase
  • Zero charges on bill payments
  • Virtual Cards
  • U.S. Stocks Trading

With over 4 million users, our focus is to bring Africa together, one transaction at a time.

Chipper Account Security

At Chipper Cash, your payment information and personal data are encrypted to protect you against unauthorized activities and provide a safe platform for sending and receiving cash.

Which Countries do We Operate In?

We currently operate in the following countries:
Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Uganda, UK, and the USA.

Our team is focused on expanding our coverage and we are constantly adding new countries

What Countries does Chipper operate in?​

Countries you can send and receive money from via Chipper Cash

Chipper Cash is currently operational in:

Ghana 🇬🇭
Nigeria 🇳🇬
Uganda 🇺🇬
South Africa 🇿🇦

The United Kingdom 🇬🇧
The United States of America 🇺🇸

What is a Chipper bank account number?

It’s a virtual bank account number connected to your Chipper wallet in collaboration with our Nigerian bank partner Wema Bank and Flutterwave.

The account name is CHIPPERCASH/Your Name because it is issued through Chipper Cash

Does my Chipper bank account number come with a debit/ATM card or online banking?
No, it does not, as it is a virtual bank account number connected to your Chipper wallet, and Chipper Cash is not a bank

Can I generate statements from my account number?
No, you may not, as it is a virtual bank account number connected to your Chipper wallet, and Chipper Cash is not a bank

How can I send money to my Chipper bank account number?
Local NIP transfers from any local bank in Nigeria through a banking app or USSD to your Chipper bank account number will automatically be added to your Chipper balance instantly.

This includes online transfers from Opay, Kuda Bank

Please note the Chipper bank account number cannot accept NEFT transfers

Can my friend/family member/business associate send money to my Chipper bank account number?
Yes, they can! Local transfers to this account number from you or a 3rd party will automatically be added to your Chipper balance. You can cash out from your Chipper wallet but clicking the Cash Out button.

Can I cash out to my bank account number or someone else’s account number?
No, you may not. This account number is only used for making deposits into your Chipper wallet and cannot accept withdrawals from your Chipper balance.

I already have an account with Wema Bank, why should I get a Chipper bank account number?
Adding cash to your Chipper wallet with your Chipper bank account number is a more seamless way to add cash to your Chipper wallet than using your debit/ATM card. We recommend you give it a try!

Will I get interested if I add cash to my Chipper account using my Chipper bank account number?
No, you will not, as Chipper Cash is not a bank.

How do I get a Chipper bank account number?
If your Chipper account is verified with your BVN, you may click on “Tap to enable bank account number” on the Profile page of your app to request a Chipper bank account number. If your Chipper account is not verified with your BVN, please reach out to the Support Team for assistance.

How many bank account numbers can I have?
You may have one Chipper bank account number

How To verify Chipper Cash account?​

How to verify your account and get higher transaction limits.
The Chipper ecosystem is a community built on trust, therefore in order to continue using your Chipper account, you will have to submit valid documentation to verify your account.

From 29th September 2020 ongoing, you will be unable to cash in, cash out or send/receive payments on Chipper if your account is not verified.

We recommend you go through this process using a strong and secure wi-fi connection to avoid interruptions. Please follow the clear, on-screen instructions at every stage in the process.

In order to verify your account, first, ensure your Chipper app is updated to the latest version by checking on the Playstore / Appstore.

• Next, go to your Profile page at the top-right corner of your Home tab

• At the very bottom of the "Profile" page, you will see the option to "Get Verified"

• Select “ Begin Verification” and follow the given instructions

• Once you click on Begin Verification, the next page asks you to submit a video selfie. Please ensure your camera permissions are enabled so that you can take the selfie.
    Complete your Selfie Verification by following the on-screen instructions. You can learn How to take a Facetec Selfie here

• After submitting the video selfie, you will return to the Chipper app where you will click on the verification document you would like to submit based on the country of your account

• Please take a picture of the front of your ID. If you are verifying using your passport, please take a picture of the biodata page (the page that has your passport photo and passport number).

• Please confirm the photo of your ID is clear. If not, please retake the photo

• Please type the number of your passport or ID and select "Complete"

• Once done, tap the "Submit" button.

We will review your documents within 2 working/business days after submission.

If the verification fails, you will receive a message with the reason. On the "Profile" tab, your verification status will be "Needs Resubmission."

If this is the case, you can re-submit your ID using the same process as above.