'I should be more intelligent' - Thomas Partey issues apology to Arsenal fans after his red card against Liverpool in Carabao Cup semi-finalÂ

Naijablog

Naijablog

Local time
Today 11:35 AM
NaijaCash
Thomas Partey has issued an apology to Arsenal fans after he was shown a red card in the club's 2 - 0 defeat to Liverpool in the Carabao Cup semi-final on Thursday night, January 20. The Ghanaian midfielder rushed back to club duty after his country exited the Africa Cup of Nations at the group stage on Tuesday night, and was named on the Arsenal bench for the clash. Partey was substituted on for the Emirates Stadium leg with 15 minutes to go but picked up two yellow cards in three minutes to earn an early bath, as Arsenal went down 2-0 in the second leg and on aggregate thanks to Diogo Jota's brace.
Taking to his Instagram story to apologise, Partey wrote: '(I) am responsible for anything that happened and will take all the critiques, I should be more intelligent not to get in a challenge already booked but this is my personality. I like to fight for every ball. 'I love this club and I love my country even though things sometimes don't happen how I wanted, I would continue to work harder to make things right. 'I came back (from AFCON duty) with the mentality to make myself available for the team to get to the (Carabao Cup) final but it did not happen as planed (sic). 'I will continue to give my all when I am on the field of play because this is my life and this is what I chose to do. '(I) am not happy with all that happened yesterday and at the AFCON but I understand only with hard work things will change so I will continue to work hard to change this.'
The post 'I should be more intelligent' - Thomas Partey issues apology to Arsenal fans after his red card against Liverpool in Carabao Cup semi-final appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.

Continue reading...

Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
Naijafans
10,719 NaijaCash
N
NL SOFT
2,593 NaijaCash
SACHSTOSHI
SACHSTOSHI
578 NaijaCash