Robert Lewandowski named 'The Best' by FIFA for a second year in a row ahead of Lionel Messi and Mo Salah

Naijablog

Naijablog

Local time
Today 2:46 AM
NaijaCash
Robert Lewandowski has been named the top men's player at FIFA's 'The Best' awards for the second year in a row ahead of Liverpool's Mohamed Salah and Lionel Messi. The Bayern Munich striker retained the award he picked up last year following a prolific 2021 performance for the Bundesliga giants. Lewandowski said: 'Thank you very much. I am very honoured to win this trophy and feel proud. I know it belongs to my team-mates and coaches. We all work hard to win the games. It is special to work with these guys around me.
'I never dream about breaking this record [of Gerd Muller's]. To score 41 in 29 games - if you ask me that a few years ago if it is possible I would tell you it is impossible. I also say to him thank-you. He set so many records and to me it was always the next step to try and break it.' Chelsea stopper Edouard Mendy has won FIFA's 'The Best' goalkeeper prize to be crowned the world's best shot-stopper, having won the Champions League with Chelsea last season. He saw off rivals Gianluigi Donnarumma, who won Euro 2020 with Italy, as well as Manuel Neuer to scoop the award. Chelsea coach, Thomas Tuchel also picked up the award for the best manager. Tuchel saw off competition from Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, who won the Premier League title but lost the Champions League final to the Blues, and Roberto Mancini who helped Italy triumph at Euro 2020. Tuchel revealed his delight at the award saying: 'It was a pretty normal day so far at training. I have just come here. But now you have said my name and it is pretty surreal. I am overwhelmed and a bit uncomfortable. 'I enjoy the journey and the club. It is a good fit. The company on the journey is so good. We lost a bit of track to Manchester City in the league but we follow our goals still and be the best version of ourselves.'The post Robert Lewandowski named 'The Best' by FIFA for a second year in a row ahead of Lionel Messi and Mo Salah appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.

Continue reading...

Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
Naijafans
10,676 NaijaCash
N
NL SOFT
2,593 NaijaCash
SACHSTOSHI
SACHSTOSHI
578 NaijaCash