Tajudeen Usman has been sentenced to life imprisonment for raping a four-year-old girl

Naijafans

Naijafans

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today 10:42 PM
NaijaCash
A 50-year-old man identified as Tajudeen Usman has been sentenced to life imprisonment for raping a four-year-old girl.

The suspect who was arraigned before Justice Lekan Ogunmoye on a one-count charge of rape reportedly committed the offense on August 21, 2020, at Ikere Ekiti.

Speaking to the police, the victim said the convict, popularly called Daddy Latifat,

“who lives in our house, took me to his sitting room on that day. He said I should sit on his lap, then he removed my pants and put his something (penis) where I use to urinate (vagina). He used to call me to his sitting room every time to do it.”
Also testifying in court, the victim's mother said;

“I was making cassava flour, when my daughter went to defecate in the area.
“When I went to pack the faeces, I noticed blood in it. Thereafter, I checked her anus and vagina.
“I saw blood coming out of the place and I became very scared.
“When I probed her, she said, it was Daddy Latifat that put his something to where I use to urinate’.”

She said she later reported the matter at Ikere Ekiti Police Station. Before the trial was concluded, the prosecutor, K.S. Adeyemo called five witnesses and tendered the defendant’s statement to prove his case.

Adeyemo also tendered the victim’s statement and medical report as exhibits over the offense he said contravened Section 31 (2) of the Child’s Right Law, Cap.C7 Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.

The defendant's counsel, Tope Salam appealed to the court to temper justice with mercy because of the defendant’s age.

Justice Ogunmoye said the prosecutor proved the case beyond reasonable doubt by ruling on the case.

Ogunmoye said;

“In all, the prosecution had proved his case beyond reasonable doubt against the defendant.
“The sole issue for determination is resolved in favour of the prosecution, the defendant is convicted as charged.
‘’The sentence for the offence of rape under Child’s Right Law is mandatory, he is sentenced to life imprisonment.”

Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
Naijafans
10,704 NaijaCash
N
NL SOFT
2,593 NaijaCash
SACHSTOSHI
SACHSTOSHI
578 NaijaCash
maventechie