Abducted DELSU students speak after regaining freedom

Naijablog

Naijablog

Local time
Today 4:09 PM
NaijaCash
Two students of Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka, Mr. Divine Omajuwa and Miss Hamza Hussiena Jennifer, who were kidnapped on Sunday, July 11, have regained freedom.

Recall that the students were abducted at Oria-Abraka on their way to Abraka. The kidnappers also shot and k*lled one Odje Stephen during the abduction.

Speaking with Oasis Magazine, one of the released students, Divine, said that contrary to reports, they were not returning for the new academic session, adding that they did not go for holidays.

According to him, “I travelled with Hussiena to Warri while Stephen (the deceased) also travelled to Warri separately. While I was planning to return, Stephen called me and asked that he join me back to Abraka.

I saw a vehicle parked on the road and had assumed that it was as a result of an accident, but when I slowed down, it turned out that the car was used to block the road by kidnappers.

I tried to reverse my Lexus SUV for a possible escape, the kidnappers engaged us in a shoot-out, adding that my girlfriend, Hussiena, was sitting in front of the vehicle, while Stephen was at the back seat. Stephen was actually k*lled accidentally by the gunmen in our attempt to escape.

They shot my car tyres while trying to shoot at us. They saw that he was already wounded and so left him behind. The kidnappers told me that we were not their targets. They said they trailed someone, but lost their target because they were distracted by a truck carrying farmers and so became angry and stayed on the road for any possible victim.

Delicious

Delicious

Local time
Today 4:09 PM
NaijaCash
Thank God they regained freedom, but so sad Stephen lost his life

• Tags
    abraka delta state university (delsu) miss hamza hussiena jennifer mr. divine omajuwa odje stephen
  • Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
    Naijafans
    10,749 NaijaCash
    N
    NL SOFT
    2,593 NaijaCash
    SACHSTOSHI
    SACHSTOSHI
    578 NaijaCash
    maventechie