Gianluigi Buffon has confirmed he will leave Juventus for the second time in his career

Parrot

Parrot

Local time
Today 1:31 PM
NaijaCash
buffon.jpeg

Italian goalkeeper, Gianluigi Buffon has confirmed he will leave Juventus for the second time in his career, saying he has reached "the end of a cycle".

The former Italy international returned to Juventus in July 2019 after a season at Paris St-Germain and won't be renewing his deal with his contract expiring in June.

The 43-year-old has played seven Serie A games for Juve this campaign and the Coppa Italia final against Atalanta on May 19 is set to be his last for the club.

"My future is clear. This year I will definitively end my long and beautiful experience at Juventus," Buffon told beIN Sports.

"I will either retire or find a situation that motivates me, a different experience to take into consideration.

"At Juve, I have given and received everything. We have reached the end of a cycle and so it is right for me to take my leave."

Considered one of the greatest goalkeepers of all time, Buffon has made almost 700 appearances for the Turin club in a decorated career as well as winning 10 Serie A titles and four Coppa Italia trophies with Juve He also won FIFA World Cup glory with Italy in 2006.

He also served as a backup to Wojciech Szczesny since returning from Paris in 2019 and has made 12 appearances in all competitions this season.

However, he has never won the Champions League after losing finals with Juve in 2003, 2015, and 2017.

• Tags
    gianluigi buffon
  • Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
    Naijafans
    9,871 NaijaCash
    N
    NL SOFT
    2,593 NaijaCash
    SACHSTOSHI
    SACHSTOSHI