Plans to assassinate Lagos LP candidate, Gbadebo Unvovered by Bode George

Naijablog

Naijablog

Local time
Today 11:36 AM
NaijaCash

There are plans to assassinate Lagos LP candidate, Gbadebo: Bode George​

Mr George said he and a group, Omo Eko Pataki, had uncovered the heinous plan to avoid a repetition of the dreadful history.

Gbadebo Rhodes and Bode George
Achieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bode George, on Monday, said that there are plans by unidentified individuals to assassinate the Lagos State gubernatorial candidate of the Labour Party, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour ahead of Saturday’s election.

Mr George made the disclosure at a press conference in Lagos where he referred to the unsolved murder of a frontline politician and governorship hopeful, Funsho Williams, who was assassinated at his Ikoyi residence ahead of the 2007 elections.

Mr George said he and a group, Omo Eko Pataki, had uncovered the heinous plan to avoid a repetition of the dreadful history.
“We wish to inform Nigerians about the heinous plan to secretly eliminate the Labour Party Governorship Candidate, Mr Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour, the latest move by the Lagos occupiers, to take him out of circulation before the election on Saturday.
“It’s not a matter of party, the essence of life is to open yourself to protect others and I told you that Funsho williams is my younger brother. I was in the villa when the president then called me that I am just getting a report that they have killed Funsho Williams, they gave me a presidential plane to come down and I saw his corpse, so we don’t want a repeat,” he said. We, hereby, warn that, should anything happen to this vibrant bonafide Lagosian, who fate has thrown up to free our dear state from the stranglehold of marauders, Nigerians should know who to hold.”
Since the Labour Party in Lagos demystified president-elect Bola Tinubu’s political influence in the just concluded presidential election, Mr Rhodes-Vivour’s growing popularity has unsettled staunch supporters of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, some of whom have reaffirmed their intention to use all necessary measures to ensure that the country’s commercial capital remains under the grip of the party.