Prime Minister of Central African Republic resigned

Naijablog

Naijablog

Local time
Today 11:47 PM
NaijaCash
Prime-Minister-Firmin-Ngrebada Prime Minister of Central African Republic resigned.jpg
Firmin Ngrebada, Prime Minister of the Central African Republic on Thursday June 10 announced that his government had tendered its resignation.

The development also comes amid a turbulent week in Bangui after the French military announced it was suspending military operations with Central African Republic.

Ngrebada tweeted;

“I have just handed over to His Excellency the President of the Republic His Excellency Pr Faustin Archange Touadera my resignation and that of the government.”

Presidential spokesman, Albert Yaloke Mokpeme however told AFP that he may be asked to stay and form a new government.

Mokpeme said;

“We will know within a few hours if the president keeps the prime minister on."

A former chief of staff to Touadera, Ngrebada had been in post since early 2019. Critics had been calling for Ngrebada’s ouster since March, when President Faustin Touadera was sworn in for another five-year term. Some raised concern about the prime minister’s apparent ties to Russia, whose influence in the former French colony is growing.

The prime minister had been appointed to the job as part of a 2019 peace deal in Khartoum that now appears on the verge of collapse.

Attachments

• Prime Minister of Central African Republic resigned.jpg
    Prime Minister of Central African Republic resigned.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
Parrot

Parrot

Local time
Today 11:47 PM
NaijaCash
its rare for an african leader or prime to just resigned like that, we always clinged to power at all cost, duff my cap🍰🍰