Sammie Okposo is buried

Naijafans

Naijafans

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today 11:34 AM
NaijaCash
There was an immense outpour of emotions on Thursday, December 16, 2022, when a popular gospel singer, Sammie Okposo, was buried. He was laid to rest in a private cemetery in Ikoyi, Lagos.

Earlier in the day, a church service was held in his honour, which was officiated by the Head Pastor of House on the Rock Church, Paul Adefarasin, and the Lead Pastor of Love of God in Christ Church, Dr Flourish Peters.

The late singer’s widow, Ozioma, who was adorned in a white outfit, could not control her tears as she performed final rites of pouring sand into the deceased’s grave. The daughter of the late singer, Alula, was also assisted as she did the same.

sammy-okposo burial.jpg

Gospel singer, Nikki Laoye, was present to pay her last respects to Okposo. She and other persons laid wreaths on his grave before they left the cemetery.

On Tuesday, December 13, the memory of the late ‘Wellu Wellu’ master, as Okposo is fondly called, was kept alive as a ‘Farewell Praise Party’ was held in his honour by his colleagues in Lagos.

Entertainers who were present at the event included Atunyota Akpobome, aka Ali Baba, and his wife, Mary, Tope Alabi, Ayo Makun, Charles Inojie, Segun Arinze, Chinedu Ikedieze, Mike Abdul and Efe Nathan.

Gospel singer, Tope Alabi, also performed, and while on stage, she spoke fondly about Okposo and how he insisted that he wanted to attend her 50th birthday.

On his part, comedian and actor, Ayo Makun, aka AY, stated that Sammie was the first person who made him travel out of the shores of Nigeria.

In a touching tribute, the late singer’s wife, Ozy, wrote, “Sammie served as my true love. With him in my life, I felt there would never be loneliness. In his presence, music was always in the air, singing filled his days and nights. Even after his demise, I hear him singing. His song fills the massive hole left in my heart. Words are too far and few to express how much I will miss him. Through trials, our love for each other always lifted us above the storm.”

The industry tributes night event was attended by Sinach, Moses Bliss, Ali Baba, Akporo, Timi Dakolo, Eben, Vector, Obiwon and Yinka Davies.

• Tags
    sammie okposo sammie okposo is buried
  • Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
    Naijafans
    9,871 NaijaCash
    N
    NL SOFT
    2,593 NaijaCash
    SACHSTOSHI
    SACHSTOSHI