Tutorial on How To Link NIN With MTN SIM Number

Naijablog

Naijablog

Local time
Today 2:52 PM
NaijaCash
Telecom subscribers in Nigeria, without exception, are required to link their SIM numbers with NIN by February 9, 2021 to avoid deactivation of their lines. According to the NCC directive, customers yet to register for NIN will be disconnected if not registered and linked by the 9th of February 2021.

I’ve been able to link my mtn number to nin using the nimc mobile app. So, if you are yet to link mtn line to nin and you don’t want your mtn line to be blocked, I will recommend you also make use of the nimc app or simply download MyMTN App and follow the prompt on the homepage. You can also make use of the MTN NIN code or the MTN NIN linking portal.

MTN NIN Code​

If you are an MTN subscriber, you can dial mtn nin ussd code i.e *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or dial *785*YourNIN# from the phone number you wish to link with your NIN.

You can as well Text NIN-your 11 digit NIN to 785 and send e.g: NIN-12345678999 to 785.

Thereafter, you will get a notification stating that your NIN has been received. However, since network providers do not store NIN database, they will still have to wait for confirmation of your NIN from NIMC through a backend process before your number is finally linked and when that’s done you will receive a message.

If your NIN is verified, MTN will link it to your MTN SIM registration, and you may not need to do anything further. If it is not possible to verify the NIN you have submitted, then you may need to visit NIN enrolment Centre, in person.

How To Link MTN Line To NIN Online​

You can also visit MTN NIN Submission Portal https://mtnonline.com/nin/ to submit your NIN details.

You will be required to fill the MTN NIN linking form with your personal details, your NIN and phone number. Note that NINs submitted via the MTN NIN portal will be received as unverified, pending validation against the NIMC database.

How To Check NIN On MTN​

If you have registered for NIN, you can check NIN on MTN by dialing *346# on your MTN line and press 1 to retrieve your NIN.

The NIN USSD code checker works for all networks.

You can check your NIN Slip too. It has your 11 Digit Number at the top left corner, on the second row.

If you don’t have a NIN, walk in to any nearby accredited NIMC ECRs (Enrolment Centres) and if you are not sure where to find one, visit https://nimc.gov.ng/nimc-enrolment-centres/ for a list of all NIMC enrolment centres in Nigeria.