5 steps to minimize the risk of cellphones causing cancer

N

Naijapen

Local time
Today 1:43 PM
NaijaCash

5 steps to minimize the risk of cellphones causing cancer.jpg

I have lost count of the number of times someone has called my national radio show or emailed me asking about a tech myth.
Here’s one I’m asked quite a bit. Will charging your phone overnight ruin the battery?

What about this: “With all these data breaches, I have nothing left to protect.” That couldn’t be further from the truth.
Then, there’s cellphones and cancer debate.

1.I’ve always held the firm belief that you should never hold your phone up to your head for long periods.

2. Ladies, don't put your phone in your bra, and
3. men should not put their phone in their front pants pocket.

I’m not a scientist or a medical professional. My gut tells me that we won't know the actual effect of the phone’s electronics on our bodies until many years have passed. That time has arrived.
It’s been a little over 14 years since the first iPhone was released that ushered in the smartphone era. The newest research into whether there is a direct correlation between cellphones and cancer is shocking.

This information is important. Share this post with your family and friends, too. You might save a life.

5 steps to minimize the risk​

1. Don’t use your cellphone on a bus, train, or plane when your connection is low​

Get this: Your phone emits more radiation, not less, when you don’t have a strong signal. Look at your phone’s bars. If that signal isn’t very strong, your phone is hard at work trying to connect to the network.

During these times, especially, keep it away from your head and body. Stick with texts or use headphones or a headset.

2. Default to speakerphone​

I get it. You don’t want to have every conversation, especially in public, on speaker. It is an easy solution, though. I do this at home or in my car. When I’m out and about or at the office, I turn to Bluetooth.

3. Use headphones or a headset​

For most calls, I have my AirPods in. The audio is crystal clear, usually better than without headphones. Wireless earbuds connect to your phone via Bluetooth, which research shows may pose less risk than cellphone emissions. Wired headphones work, too, though they aren’t nearly as convenient.

At the office or while you’re sitting at a desk, a nice headset or set of over-the-ear headphones is a terrific option.

4. Don’t store your phone on your body​

As I mentioned above, bras and pockets are off-limits. I don't like carrying a purse, but I like having my cellphone in my pocket even less. Small crossbody bags made to hold a phone can come in handy on vacation or for running quick errands. I like this one, and it has great reviews.

If you must carry your phone in your pants, consider a signal-blocking pouch. Yes, this will totally block your phone's signal, so you won't get calls or messages when it's inside. More importantly, it will keep your body safe.

5. Don't sleep with your phone under your pillow or near your head​

This one is a no-brainer for a few reasons. Unless you sleep with your phone on Do Not Disturb, you don’t need buzzes, dings and lights interrupting your rest.

It can also be a fire hazard. Some people sleep with their phones under a blanket or even under their pillow. Phones are not designed to be covered like this for extended periods and need airflow for proper ventilation. Cheap charging cables can also lead to fires. Don't take the risk.

• Tags
    cancer cell phone cell phone cancer
  • Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
    Naijafans
    9,871 NaijaCash
    N
    NL SOFT
    2,593 NaijaCash
    SACHSTOSHI
    SACHSTOSHI