Africa Top 10 Alcohol Consuming Countries

Naijafans

Naijafans

Thread Starter
Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today 5:44 PM
NaijaCash
10,661
In Africa, alcohol consumption is high. The top ten largest alcohol-drinking countries per person aged 15 and up in 2022, according to the World Health Organization, are:

10. Botswana 🇧🇼 - 8.46 liters p.a
Botswana's high alcohol consumption rate can be attributed to St Louis, the country's national beer, which is inexpensive and widely available. The beer has a low alcohol content, ranging from 3.5% to 4.7%.

9. Gabon 🇬🇦 - 10.32 liters p.a
Gabonians prefer wine (12%), spirits (20%), and beer (68%), with Rehab being the most affordable and popular beer. If you enjoy alcoholic beverages, Gabon is the place to be because it has the cheapest alcoholic beverages in Africa.

8. South Africa 🇿🇦 - 11.46 liters p.a
Despite being one of the world's largest wine producers, beer is preferred by the vast majority of South Africans, with Castle and Black Level being the most popular brands.

Beer (48%), wine (18%), spirits (17%), and other brands (17%) are the most popular alcoholic beverages.

7. Burundi 🇧🇮 - 11.23 liters p.a
Burundians drink very little wine or liquor. Other locally produced beverages are preferred by 81%, with beer coming in second at 19%. Their signature drink is urwarwa, or banana wine.

6. Namibia 🇳🇦 - 11.62 liters p.a
Beer accounts for 67% of all alcohol consumed in Namibia, with spirits accounting for 20%, wine accounting for 7%, and other locally brewed beverages accounting for 6%. Windhoek Lager is their most popular alcoholic beverage.

5. Rwanda 🇷🇼 - 11.90 liter p.a
Beer makes up 8% of the total, with the remaining 92% comprised of homemade alcoholic beverages such as Ugwagwa (banana beer) and Ibuki Ikigagee (fermented honey drink made from dry sorghum).

4. Kenya 🇰🇪 - 12.21 liters p.a
Tusker Beer is Kenya's most popular beer brand, accounting for 43% of total sales.

3. Uganda 🇺🇬 - 13.93 liters p.a
Beer makes up 4% of total alcohol consumption, while wine makes up 2% and locally brewed brands make up 94%. Uganda Waragi is Uganda's most popular alcoholic brand, with a 42% alcohol content that makes it one of the world's most alcoholic spirits.

2. Cameroon 🇨🇲 - 15.65 liters p.a
Cameroonians adore locally brewed spirits. Although a small percentage of Cameroonians drink wine, it is not comparable to beer consumption.

1. Nigeria 🇳🇬 - 18.28 liter p.a
Beer constitutes 16% of all alcoholic beverages consumed in Nigeria. Other locally brewed drinks contain 84% alcohol, with the most well-known alcoholic beverage, Ogogoro, containing 30% to 60% alcohol.
 

Similar threads

D
Replies
0
Views
254
debbyjames
D
Naijafans
Replies
0
Views
344
Naijafans
Naijafans
F
Replies
0
Views
378
Frankieplug
F
  • Tags
    alcohol alcoholic beverages liters popular
  • Richest Naijafans User

    Most NaijaCash

    Naijafans
    Naijafans
    10,661 NaijaCash
    N
    NL SOFT
    2,593 NaijaCash
    SACHSTOSHI
    SACHSTOSHI
    578 NaijaCash
    maventechie
    maventechie
    569 NaijaCash
    Naijablog
    Naijablog
    397 NaijaCash
    Naijababe
    Naijababe
    272 NaijaCash
    bestosteopathy1
    bestosteopathy1
    205 NaijaCash
    A
    anngardner97
    117 NaijaCash
    bettydawson
    bettydawson
    113 NaijaCash