Haiti president Jovenel Moise assassinated by gunmen

Delicious

Delicious

Local time
Today 1:01 AM
NaijaCash
download.jpeg

Haiti's President Jovenel Moise has been assassinated "by gunmen during a nighttime raid on his home" while his wife and the First Lady was taken to hospital, an official said

Mr Moise was killed by "gunmen in a nighttime raid at his home," it has been reported.

The property, in the suburbs of the capital Port-au-Prince, was attacked by a group of unidentified individuals, some of whom allegedly spoke Spanish, at around 1am on Wednesday, interim Prime Minister Claude Joseph said in a statement.

His wife Martine has been taken to hospital after she was said to have been injured with a gunshot wound.

The shocking news comes after Mr Moise, 53, claimed earlier this year that he was the victim of an assassination plot which had been foiled by police.

He said at the time: "There was an attempt on my life. I thank my head of security at the palace.

"The goal of these people was to make an attempt on my life. That plan was aborted."

This is a breaking news story and is constantly being updated

Kennybaby

Kennybaby

Local time
Today 1:01 AM
NaijaCash
View attachment 518

Haiti's President Jovenel Moise has been assassinated "by gunmen during a nighttime raid on his home" while his wife and the First Lady was taken to hospital, an official said

Mr Moise was killed by "gunmen in a nighttime raid at his home," it has been reported.

The property, in the suburbs of the capital Port-au-Prince, was attacked by a group of unidentified individuals, some of whom allegedly spoke Spanish, at around 1am on Wednesday, interim Prime Minister Claude Joseph said in a statement.

His wife Martine has been taken to hospital after she was said to have been injured with a gunshot wound.

The shocking news comes after Mr Moise, 53, claimed earlier this year that he was the victim of an assassination plot which had been foiled by police.

He said at the time: "There was an attempt on my life. I thank my head of security at the palace.

"The goal of these people was to make an attempt on my life. That plan was aborted."

This is a breaking news story and is constantly being updated