Mark Zuckerberg skate an electric hydrofoil surfboard just as the sun sets over a body of water

T

Techfader

Local time
Today 2:18 AM
NaijaCash
Mark Zuckerberg skate an electric hydrofoil surfboard just as the sun sets over a body of water.jpg
On July 4, billionaire Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg posted a video to his Instagram account. The video shows Zuckerberg on what appears to be an electric hydrofoil surfboard just as the sun sets over a body of water, American flag blowing in the breeze, while John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" plays.

Here's the video for you to... enjoy?

I feel like social media has been collectively experiencing the stages of grief as the 71-second video goes viral -- clocking over 500,000 views on both Instagram and Facebook within hours.

Denial came quickly: Zuckerberg must just be trolling us, surely? We're all falling for it. He's got us. (And he truly might. The meme potential of this image is so high that no billionaire social media mogul could post it without knowing there'd be thousands of articles discussing it -- including this one.)

Many quickly moved on to the anger: Open up Twitter, and you'll find it has been relentlessly pilloried. It's reaching "Zuckerberg with a face full of sunscreen" levels.

"I saw it, so now you have to see it too. I'm sorry," wrote one user.

Mark Zuckerberg posted a video of himself on Instagram wakeboarding while holding an American flag and set to the music of the late John Denver singing “Take Me Home, Country Roads.”

I saw it, so now you have to see it too. I’m sorry. I did not make the rules.

Happy #July4th pic.twitter.com/FiA9RDP29Z
— Leah McElrath 🏳️‍🌈 (@leahmcelrath) July 4, 2021
"This is the worst thing that has ever existed," wrote another.

Another: "Do billionaires become incredibly weird because of the money, or do they become billionaires because they're incredibly weird? Because what the hell is this?"

And "peak cringe," probably sums it up.

Next, bargaining: What if this video is a deepfake? What if this is simply a robot in the image of Mark Zuckerberg?

"These AI are getting too human like," someone wrote.

Ultimately though, the stages of grief end in acceptance. We've come to that place quickly.

"The ocean: please set me back on fire," sighed one soul, referring to the gas pipeline leak in the Gulf of Mexico over the weekend.

If nothing else, Zuckerberg has mastered that board. Happy Fourth of July!

Sugardaddy

Sugardaddy

Local time
Today 2:18 AM
NaijaCash
Look like Mr Mark is on sort of adventure spree. have fun zuck :cool:

• Tags
    electric hydrofoil surfboard mark zuckerberg
  • Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
    Naijafans