"The day I feel that I canât help Barca anymore, I will retire." - Gerard Pique hints at retirement from football

Naijablog

Naijablog

Local time
Today 9:07 PM
NaijaCash
Barcelona defender, Gerard Pique has hinted that this season could be his last. The World Cup-winning defender, who graduated from La Masia academy before a four-year spell at Manchester United before returning back, has now vowed to retire as a Barcelona player.The 34-year-old centre-half, has made 568 appearances for Barcelona, and won the biggest trophies in club and country football. Discussing his future plans with La Sotana, Pique said: "I will retire at Barca. "This could be the last season, yes. I go year after year, so I cannot guarantee that I will be there next season. The day I feel that I can’t help Barca anymore, I will retire." While Pique remains committed to playing for Barca for now, the 2021-22 season could be a hard one considering the departures of Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann The La Liga club were grossly mismanaged by former president Josep Maria Bartomeu with current players including Pique having to reduce their salaries so as to balance the financial books. Asked if Bartomeu is the worst candidate to ever fill a prominent post at Barca, Pique said: "I don’t know if he was the worst, but for me, during my time, he’s on the list for sure. "We all make mistakes, but in his time Barca weren’t where they should be." Talking about coach Ronald Koeman, Pique believes there will be better days to come. He added: "I’m excited. The next five or 10 years will be very good for Barca." The post "The day I feel that I cant help Barca anymore, I will retire." - Gerard Pique hints at retirement from football appeared first on Linda Ikeji Blog.

Continue reading...

Richest Naijafans User

Most NaijaCash

Naijafans
Naijafans
10,744 NaijaCash
N
NL SOFT
2,593 NaijaCash
SACHSTOSHI
SACHSTOSHI
578 NaijaCash